Allo' Expat Gibraltar - Connecting Expats in Gibraltar
Main Homepage
Allo' Expat Gibraltar Logo

Subscribe to Allo' Expat Newsletter
Check our Rates
   Information Center Gibraltar
Gibraltar General Information
Gibraltar Expatriates Handbook
Useful Numbers
Immigration Information
  Entry Visa
Work Permit
Gibraltar and Foreign Government
Gibraltar General Listings
Gibraltar Useful Tips
Gibraltar Education & Medical
Gibraltar Travel & Tourism Info
Gibraltar Lifestyle & Leisure
Gibraltar Business Matters
  Sponsored Links

Check our Rates

Gibraltar Immigration Information Work Permit

The only people allowed to live and work in Gibraltar without a residence permit or a work permit are Gibraltarians and some EEA nationals. These EEA nationals will receive a 6-month visa in the first instance which then becomes a 5 year work permit which can be renewed. This will cover them if they are either employed or self employed. They only require a passport or a valid identity card in order to enter Gibraltar in the first instance.

Nationals from other EU member states can be issued with a work permit for Gibraltar if they can get a company to agree to take them on, but they will only be issued if the employer can prove that no Gibraltarian or EU citizen is able, or willing, to do the job.

EEA member countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Lithuania.

Note: Nationals of the 'New' EEA member states, Bulgaria and Romania, will require a work permit for employment in Gibraltar until 31 December 2011.

For non-EEA expatriates there is a certain amount of paperwork which is required. The easiest way for a non-EEA resident to obtain a work permit is to agree to a job that a native of the country will not do. Due to the proximity of Spain and a regular influx of European workers, positions such as these are few and far between. If you do find a job then both work and residency permits will be issued. Non-EEA nationals may be able to obtain a residence permit if they wish to purchase property, particularly those in the luxury home market.





copyrights ©
2015 | Policy